Dr Vassiliki Bravis
FRCP, MA Hons Cantab, MRes, PGCert
Consultant in Endocrinology & Diabetes
Head of Specialty for Diabetes, Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust
Honorary Senior Clinical Lecturer, Imperial College London
North West London Regional Lead for TEAMeD-5
As a clinical practitioner and specialist in Endocrinology and Diabetes, I am committed to providing patient-centred care and empowering those I look after to understand their conditions and take control with my support and guidance. I value the relationships I form with each patient, and believe that goes a long way in improving their health care outcomes.
My areas of expertise include Diabetes (new or pre-existing, pancreatic, steroid-induced, post-transplant), cholesterol disorders, metabolic syndrome, cardiovascular risk reduction, diabetic complications management, Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS), disorders of menstruation/irregular periods, disorders of the pituitary gland, disorders of the adrenals, disorders of the thyroid (hypothyroidism, hyperthyroidism, thyroiditis, Graves disease), parathyroid disease.
I qualified as a doctor from the universities of Cambridge and Imperial College London in 2003 and completed my clinical training and translational research at Hammersmith, Charing Cross and St Mary’s Hospitals in London in 2014. In my current role, as a specialist in Endocrinology and Diabetes at Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust and an Honorary Senior Clinical Lecturer at Imperial College London, I practise as a full-time NHS Consultant at St Mary’s Hospital and carry out translational research and multi-professional teaching. I am also North West London Regional Lead for the implementations of TEAMeD-5, which aims to improve the outcomes of people with thyroid eye disease. I hold a level 4 Local Clinical Excellence Award at Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust, for quality, excellence, and exceptional personal contributions and, in 2020 I was invited to become a Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians.
- 2000 BA Hons – University of Cambridge
- 2003 MBBS – Imperial College London
- 2004 MA Hons – University of Cambridge
- 2007 MRCP (UK) – Royal College of Physicians
- 2010 MRes in Translational Medicine – Imperial College London
- 2012 MRCP (UK) Endocrinology and Diabetes
- 2013 PGCert in University Learning and Teaching – Imperial College London
- 2014 CCT (Completion of Consultant Training) in Diabetes & Endocrinology – General Medical Council
- 2020 FRCP – Royal College of Physicians
- Royal College of Physicians
- Diabetes UK
- Diabetic Foot Study Group
- Society for Endocrinology
- European Society of Endocrinology Young Endocrinologists & Scientists (EYES)
- European Group on Graves Orbitopathy (EUGOGO)