Cardiovascular diseases are the leading cause of death in the world, especially because of myocardial infarction and stroke. These are caused by the progressive build-up over the years of cholesterol plaques occluding heart and brain arteries.
Dr. Paciello has a special interest in cardiology and cardiovascular prevention and specialises in early identification and correction of risk factors that lead to atherosclerosis.
We offer cardiovascular prevention consultations where, alongside detailed risk assessment, we discuss whether more in-depth screening would be appropriate. This is especially recommended for men over 45 and women over 55 years old and for those with diabetes, obesity, high blood pressure, high cholesterol and a family history of heart disease.
Cardiovascular prevention consultation
Total cost £ 350 (Asclepius members £ 200)
What is included:
- 30 minutes consultation with the GP
- Blood pressure profile review
- Urine dipstick for blood/protein/glucose
- Blood test (includes routine haematology and biochemistry with full lipid profile, HbA1c for diabetes)
- Cardiovascular Risk Assessment
- Follow up GP consultation to discuss results
Add-On Cardiology Investigations
Cardiac and Vascular Diagnostics
- Echocardiogram £400
- Exercise ECG £325
- CT coronary artery calcium score £840
- Carotid Doppler £250
- Aortic/Femoral/Popliteal ultrasound £250
Advanced Cardiovascular Risk Profile £360
- Cholesterol profile (total, HDL, LDL, non-HDL)
- Apolipoprotein A, Apolipoprotein B
- Lipoprotein (a)
- Lp-PLA2 (PLAC) Test
Please book on-line or use our live chat to make an enquiry and arrange your cardiovascular risk assessment.