Breast cancer is the most common cancer in the UK, affecting women of all ages and occasionally men.
We recommend that you are breast aware. Know what is normal for you and report any changes without delay. If, after your consultation, there are concerns about your examination, we are able to organise a fast-track appointment, often on the same day, with a specialist breast consultant. We can also arrange mammograms for asymptomatic women too young for the national screening programme but looking for reassurance.
- A lump or thickening in an area of the breast
- A change in size or shape of the breast
- Dimpling of the skin
- A change in the shape of your nipple
- A blood-stained discharge from the nipple
- Urine dipstick for blood/protein/glucose
- A rash on a nipple or surrounding area
- A swelling or lump in your armpit
Women can be screened for breast cancer using a mammogram. This is a special x-ray of the breast.
If any abnormalities are detected further tests, such as an ultrasound and biopsy, might need to be done. 1 in 25 women are called back after breast screening and of those 1 in 5 will have breast cancer.
Breast Cancer Screening
Total cost £400 (350 with Asclepius membership)
What is included:
- 30 minutes GP appointment
- Breast examination
- 3D Mammogram
Please book on-line or use our live chat to make an enquiry and arrange your screening